Monday 16 June 2008

A Bit of Back Story

For those who know me, you'll know that I've been banging on about this new movie of mine for years, and to date, you've only seen clips and trailers.

The truth is getting Kaleidoscope Man funded really has been a struggle. I did raise a significant amount of money a few years ago which went towards buying a large amount of high end HD kit to make the film with (and to help my existing corporate business).

However, I was promised a very large sum by a Canadian Investor who constantly assured me that the money was coming. Sadly, it never saw the light of day and as I'd spent a bit to much of my own money developing the project, it ended up sinking my company. Luckily, Screen West Midlands invested a significant amount into the project which enabled me to continue developing the script, produce some storyboards and to create the opening scene of the film.

Getting my fingers burnt made me sit back and think about things. When I was young I could afford to take risks, but now with a mortgage and a young family, I had to be stable. So I enlisted the help of a Producer friend of mine, Ken Tuohy. Ken has worked in the movie business for over thirty years, starting on the Beatles movies, Magical Mystery Tour and Let it be. He's worked with every movie star under the sun including John Wayne, Sean Connery, Liz Taylor and Rock Hudson. If anyone can help me get this film moving, he certainly will. Apart from anything else, he believes in the script and he believes in me, which is the best place to start. Ken has introduced me to the right Lawyers, Accountants, Casting Directors, PR people and Investors. It's just a matter of time before the money comes in, I'm sure of it.

Another guy who has been invaluable to the project is Writer/Director, Simon Bovey. Simon helped me turn the script into something that is now world class. It's exciting, inspiring and beautifully written.