Friday 1 August 2008

Corporate Wonderland


It's been a busy week and I've been staying in London working on a very grand corporate video for a massive consultancy company.

Corporate work is the way I pay the mortgage these days and I could certainly have a healthy career doing this if I didn't want to make epic sci-fi movies etc...

Last year I was 2nd Unit Director on a short film called Gone Fishing for a fellow Director friend, Chris Jones, and this week this amazingly up-lifting little film won the best film at the Kodak awards in London. It was a fantastic event and I'm delighted to be a part of it. This is a picture of Chris, me and Harry Potter star, Devon Murray on the set of Gone Fishing.

Check out http://livingspirit.typepad.com/ to read Chris's blog and watch the video of the awards. It's a real inspiration.

Next week Chris and I are off to the USA to film for this corporate video and while over there we will be taking Gone Fishing to the Rhode Island Film Festival. We're hoping that it will stand a good chance of winning something hot on the success of the Kodak awards. This is the first international film festival I've ever been to so I'm very excited and will use the opportunity to make new contacts and build new relationships across the pond. I'll keep you up-dated with our progress.

On the Kaleidoscope Man front, I received the Lawyers notes back on the business plan and there are only a few minor changes to be done. I'll have these knocked out when back from the States and then out it goes into the big wide world....