Thursday 18 September 2008

Sitting Here Watching The Wheels Go Round

I'm staying in London at the moment working on a big corporate video. This job has gone on and on and the weeks are turning into months. Its hard living out of a rucksack and crashing on a colleagues sofa, especially when I have so much I need and want to do on the movie. The daily rate is very good so I can't afford not too really. I was just thinking how wonderful life would be if we didn't have huge mortgages to pay and could just focus on the things that are important to us. Ahhh, one day... But then I'm reminded that I could have a real job or be fighting a war somewhere... that sofa seems appealing again!!

I got up at 6.00am this morning and sat in Costa Coffee working on the re-draft of Kaleidoscope Man. Just making notes really and thinking things through. As I'm getting more into it, I don't think the script needs a radical re-write, more of a serious edit and shifting of scenes mainly in the first act. In the story there is a whole sub-plot set on earth and although I really like it, I'm seriously considering giving it the chop. It's good character stuff but doesn't drive the narrative as well as the scenes around it do.

I haven't heard anything back from the business plans I sent out to Investors yet, fingers crossed we'll here something soon.

Watch this space…!