Sunday 10 August 2008

Gone Fishing - A Massive Hit in Rhode Island

What an experience coming to an international film festival has been. The film I'm with, Gone Fishing, directed by Chris Jones has gone down a storm. It was the closing night screening yesterday and the film was projected on 35mm just before the big movie. It looked amazing, the colours, the sound, it just reminded me why I want to make films and that the effort and energy we put in is so worth it. The audience lapped it up. There were tears, cheers, and whoops of joy, it was amazing. Chris and I were completely overwhelmed.

We go back to the UK tomorrow and I have a re-newed vigor to get Kaleidoscope Man off the page and onto the screen. This has been a truly wonderful and enlightening experience, one that will stay with me forever...