Tuesday 12 August 2008

The Show Is Over, But The Adventure Is About To Begin...

Well, I'm back! After many hours of traveling and no night time in between, Chris and I arrived home this morning. The Rhode Island Film Festival, Gone Fishing, parties and awards now a distant memory in the stew of good old jet lag. We filmed for the corporate video which went okay and I spent most of my time filming Chris for his blog, which he promptly edited and put up for the world to see. http//livingspirt.typepad.com


Chris really is a one man marketing enigma and I've certainly been taking notes during his whirlwind approach to getting his stuff out there. I won't mention the results of the awards just yet as Chris wants to show the world himself. One thing is for sure though; he can certainly whip up a crowd with his dedication, enthusiasm and articulation. In one of his speeches during a seminar on film funding (which I filmed), I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand to attention. The audience and I were in the palm of his hand, it was gripping and breathtaking. I know he's my friend, but he really is quite a guy!

So now, back to reality and I've got to get Kaleidoscope Man financed and made. If anything, seeing the quality of the films at the festival, I'm left knowing that I have to get it done and must not let the normality’s of real life hinder me from reaching the dream. I've had time to gather my thoughts and consider a game plan. The future is in the palm of my hand and I can't blame anyone else for me not getting to that dream.

So from tomorrow morning, its business plans at the ready, because I’m going to get out there and find the cash to make my movie…