Thursday 14 August 2008

Lots Of Goodies in The Pipeline...

Well, just as I though the business plan for Kaleidoscope Man was ready to fly, there still a hitch. Just a small matter of no bank account for investors to put there money in too... doh! So, Ken and I are meeting up next week to set up an account at Barclays, Soho Square (a proper film business bank!). Then, the business plan will be complete and ready to get out to investors.

As regards Chris Jones' short film, Gone Fishing, it won best film at the Rhode Island Film Festival, which means it can now be short listed for the Oscars.

So, well done Chris and fingers crossed that you get nominated (the thought that we could actually win an Oscar blows me away!!!). I'll keep you informed...

Now, I know this blog is all about my mission to get my movie Kaleidoscope Man made, but I also have another little project on the go. It's a tense supernatural thriller called, 'The Final Reel' about a Film Editor desperate for cash, who agrees to edit a strange supernatural film. But things soon turn out bad, and he is taken on a very frightening journey where there is no return.

My writing friend Simon Bovey has already written a couple of drafts and today we thrashed out some ideas for a new draft which was most inspiring. The reason I'm bringing this up is because Ken, the Producer on Kaleidoscope Man, thinks we might be able to get this off the ground before we get K-Man funded. So fingers crossed....